Counselling is a professional service that supports you to develop better understanding of yourself and others, address life difficulties and make the changes you want in your life. Have you been asking yourself “Do I need counselling?”
Don’t wait for a crisis
If you notice any of these things, don’t wait until they grow into crisis.
1. You consistently and constantly operate in a state of overwhelm
2. You can’t seem to make simple decisions
3. Your emotions are increasingly out of control
4. You lose your temper easily, at your children, loved ones and strangers
5. You are stuck and find yourself increasingly frustrated about it
6. You think your pain/loss is not as important as someone elses OR You think your pain/loss is more important than someone elses
7. You feel as though no one else understands
8. You simply need to be heard / feel listened to
9. Your moods go up and down
10. You find yourself more cynical than you used to be
Seek help sooner, rather than later as the best thing you do for yourself this year.
When is the right time to seek Counselling?
Actually, there’s no exact right time or one reason to seek professional time with a Counsellor. Every person is unique and our experiences are different and our overall lifescope individual.
Emotional distress is not measured on a hierarchy of better or worse. Everyone is affected in different ways. Sad is sad, and no one’s is more or less important than another.
If you’re asking ‘do I need counselling?’, it’s probably the right time
- acknowledge you’re stuck in a cycle of not enough…
- aren’t feeling at peace with life and the events that have been happening…
- notice yourself out of sorts, with fluctuating moods and constant tiredness…
- are finding it difficult to sleep at night…
- have trouble making basic decisions, planning your day or getting off Facebook…
… it could be the right time for you.
What does Counselling do for people?
When you attend sessions with someone trained in talking about and helping you work through your personal problems, you’ll often find a sense of ease and comfort even amidst the discomfort. A counsellor helps you to address your ‘issues’ in a positive way by helping you to clarify what’s going on, explore options, develop strategies and increase self-awareness.
For people struggling with anxiety, trauma or stress, you can move toward a place of peace. We can’t often change the past, but we can change how we respond and react to the past, in the present. My people often comment on finding it easier to get through the day, and the clarity can help restore organisation, motivation and inspiration to choose a better life.
Services are Confidential and Professional
My Counselling services are confidential. As a registered Counsellor and Coach, I work within clearly contracted, ethical relationships to support people in exploring and resolving life’s difficulties. You can read about the Promises I make to my people here>>
I have over ten years experience offering psychotherapeutic services both individually and in groups. In 2018 I completed a Graduate Diploma in Counselling (so I could have the piece of paper to show I could do the thing I’ve dne for years :), and I’m a professional member of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia).
Try Counselling with me, Hollie Bakerboljkovac
I work locally in Braidwood, SE NSW, and remotely for people all over Australia. In particular, I work with people suffering from anxiety, trauma and other concerns that keep you stuck where you are. Services are Trauma-informed, meaning they are not a cookie-cutter approach, and they include your entire holistic self. I make promises to the people I work with, so you know exactly what to expect. No surprises, no bullshit – just straight up authentic realationship.
Phone or sms 0482 955 340 to discuss. Check out the Session Program here >>>
The article How do I know if I need Counselling…? was published by Hollie Bakerboljkovac, for the Institute for Self Crafting.
Feel free to share this article with your friends, by using the url : https://instituteforselfcrafting.com/do-you-need-counselling/.
Where to next?